Park Facts At A Glance

At a Glance


Official Name: Park University

Established: 1875

Flagship Campus: Parkville, Mo.

Oldest Building:

Mackay Hall (construction began in 1886, occupied in 1893)

Mackay Hall, placed on the National Register of Historic Places, houses the University’s administrative offices, as well as classrooms. It was built in 1886 by students who quarried the stone from the school’s land, carried it to the site and built the structure as a means of earning their tuition. With its clock tower overlooking the residence halls, classrooms and other more modern facilities around it, Mackay Hall has become the symbol of the University.

Real Estate Holdings: 700 Acres

School Motto: Fides et Labor (Latin for "Faith and Work")
Sir George Logo

School Colors: Canary and Wine 

School Mascot: Pirates, "Sir George"

Athletic Conference: American Midwest Conference of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics

Annual Student Headcount (unduplicated): 16,933

Campus Centers: 41

Countries Represented: 58

International Students: 261

Faculty: 115 full-time faculty; 1,385 adjunct faculty nationwide

Number of Degree Programs: 54

  • 38 Bachelor's and 8 Associate
  • 8 Master's

Number of Certificate Programs: 27
  • 11 Undergraduate
  • 16 Graduate

Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission

*Fall 2017 numbers reflected