Transfer Students

Transferring Academic Credit to Park University

A transfer student seeking a degree is defined as a student who has attended college classes after graduating high school or earning their GED.

NEW! Scholarships for Students Transferring to the Parkville Campus - See Freshman Academic Scholarships


The following transfer guides are available in PDF (Adobe Acrobat format) for Kansas City area community colleges students:

Use the Registrar's site to discover Park transferable courses. Park has articulation agreements with many colleges and universities.

Park University accepts transfer credit from regionally accredited institutions for individual courses, as well as full associate degrees. If you hold an associate degree (excluding AAS) that required a minimum of 60 hours for completion, Park will allow you to apply that credit toward the General Education requirements of your bachelor's degree program.

A maximum of 75 hours from all two-year school sources can be applied toward your Park undergraduate degree studies. Visit the Registrar section for information about transferring credit.

A maximum of 60 credit hours is awarded for a Registered Nurse's license.

Credit for formal military service schools is awarded based on the recommendations of the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (ACE Guide). The credit will be awarded where it is applicable to a student's degree program and in keeping with the basic educational philosophy of Park.

Credit for military service: 4 credit hours are awarded to students who have successfully completed basic military training. Enlisted personnel may receive additional credit based on their military occupational specialty/skill level. Commissioned personnel may be awarded up to a maximum of 20 credit hours. Credit for Validated Learning Equivalency may be awarded for educational experiences based on documentation submitted by the student and with the recommendation of the appropriate Program Coordinator. A student may petition for a maximum of 24 credit hours. No more than 24 hours will be awarded for validated learning experience.
  • A cumulative 2.0 GPA in all previous college study.
  • Transfer students with less than 24 hours must also submit an official high school transcript or GED.
  • Prospective students not meeting the above criteria may be considered on an individual basis by the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Park University seeks students with a record of academic achievement, involvement in the community and good character. No applicant will be denied admission on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran's status.

English and math placement policy
No testing is required for any student transferring in college credit with a grade of 'C' or better for the traditional freshman English composition sequence, (Park University's EN 105 & EN 106) or College Algebra (Park University's MA135).

All other students will be evaluated based on their ACT or SAT English and Mathematics sub scores as follows:

English Placement
English sub score on the ACT of 21 or higher, or SAT of 500 or higher will result in the student's automatic placement in EN 105 (First-Year Writing Seminar I).

Math Placement
Math sub score on the ACT of 21 or higher, or SAT of 500 or higher will result in the student's automatic placement in MA 120 (Basic Concepts of Statistics) or MA125 (Intermediate Algebra).

A lower sub score in either of these areas will require the student to take the appropriate Park University Academic Skills Assessment.


The following programs require additional documentation.